Tuesday 20 March 2012

Thoughts for thoughts..

These days in this room i see walls, a box, a shelter, a well built house.. Over the past year you took the bricks out of my old wall, smashed them down & then you helped me rebuild a stonger wall, together we laid the foundations of this little room, cemented over the cracks of the past and put tiny little windows in so a selected few could look into our tiny little bubble. We closed the door, shut out the world for days on end inside this room, inside this house we built and as the bad weather came, the storms that nearly broke us, the rain that threatened to flood us and the snow that nearly buried us, we stayed here, we came back home to this every night, huddled together, safe, happy, together... These days i come into this little house alone, i look around, i check over the cracks we concreted over, seeing if they've got bigger. I look out of them tiny windows, seeing if anyone can see still see the fire that once burned. I push against the walls,the walls you helped me rebuild kicking and punching at them, checking they are still there, still solid, that we are still standing.. and then i sit in the corner, alone and i listen to that thunder come, the snow pile up outside, the rain hit the window, the storm rock our foundations & for the first time i get scared... that rain is just little bit faster, the snow is a little bit colder and that storm a little more fierce. its getting closer, its scary on my own without you here. the shelter no longer shelters me when I'm alone.. this little room, in this little house cant handle the weather, the cracks or the eyes looking in, alone.. this room, this safe place needs more than me to keep it standing.. this room is crumbling.. this room needs more concrete over the newly formed cracks, it needs its foundations re laying.. it needs two people.. two people that once stood strong through anything.. two people who can fight anything, any storm.. I need this room.. I need your safety.. it needs you, we need you..I need you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out, what do you have to say?