Tuesday 16 November 2010

Paranormal Activity

My mum and dad often share a true story with me, about my baby days that goes a little like this:



Back in 1992 when my mum was pregnant with me and my brother was 3, money was tight. They were going from council house to rented property's then back again.


When they fount out i was on the way they decided to move one last time to a bigger house.


They went to see the council and expected to be put on the list and that they would be a wait.



But that's not how it planned out...


the council instantly new of a house, one that was local, that they could move into straight away!



wow, my dad didn't believe his luck, people normally wait years for a family home to come available...



The next day dad ended his current rental agreement and they started moving things into the new house.



My mum was 9 months pregnant at this point and wanted everything in place for when i came along.



the house was a 3 storey house, with two bedrooms on the top floor.


My mum and dad took the biggest room, just based on its size and thought nothing of it.

A few weeks later, my mum goes into labour and I'm born.

It was then that the spooky things started.


A family member came to see me and had a look around our new home, they took my brother upstairs to see his bedroom and noticed he wouldn't walk past my mum and dads room.

He would walk upstairs, no problem and into his room, but that's as far as he would go.



They thought he was being silly but told my mum and dad anyway.

My dad then told them how he has noticed he had been the same, and that he would not settle at all upstairs since being in the new house. He noticed the constant looking around the room, the crying. Not wanting to be upstairs at all and going right off his favourite toys if they were in his room.


My dad felt the house had a weird feeling to it, not made easier by a newborn and toddler running around, one of which wouldn't settle.


He often got asked by his friends

"have you move into ______ road"

to which my dad would say yes and people would strangely move on or not talk to him.


My mums friends were a bit shifty towards her to.


The final straw came after a very long night of trying to settle my brother.

I was in my mosses basket at the bottom of my parents bed, my dad had gone to bed a few hours before as he had work and mum had stayed up to see to me.

She climbed into bed, had one last look to make sure i was settled, when suddenly, she jumped up screaming, tears running down her cheeks.


She woke my dad and he asked her what had happened.


She said she has seen a man standing over my cot, with big black curly hair, a big guy.


My dad checked the house, no one was there.

Then right on cue, my brother woke up again.


My dad could not take anymore.

My brother wouldn't sleep, my mum wouldn't stay in the house alone and i was now being "watched"




He went to work the next day and took someone aside and asked them why everyone had a problem with this house.


The person he took aside was a lady, who lived in the house before we moved in.

She explained how her husband had been on the top floor and her two small boys were playing around in there room, her husband, who had black curly hair,fell asleep and the children started playing with matches...

the house caught fire, they were all trapped and the man was in the room that my mum and dad were now in.


Passes by failed to save them and all 3 died.


The house was haunted.






My brother wasn't mardy, he was seeing things.

My mum wasn't been stupid, she did see something.

My dad wasn't being over protective, he was scared for our safety.


The next day my mum and dad took me and my brother to the council once again and demanded to no why they were not told of this and that they wanted a new house straight away.





The council got back to them 2 days later and said they had a place for us.

My dad went round to view it and said there was dirty every were, no carpets, no cooker, no nothing. but he took the place straight away as it was better than spending another night in the house we were in. He cleaned it, we moved in and we left that house.




On leaving the house, my dad took one last look and spotted all around the top window, black sut stains, all of which he hadn't spotted when we moved in.










its only small but i carnt find the others at the moment.










6 comments:

  1. There was always a bad feeling at my childhood home. Neither me nor my sister could sleep well there as we always heard noises and doors would open all the time. Very spooky. Even now I hate to go upstairs there, my sis feels the same too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very strange.
    I don't believe in ghosts but there must be something after we die...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My in-laws used to run a pub. They were always telling us stories of various ghosts that haunted the place. Of course most people don't believe it. They woke one night to see a figure standing over their bed. Other people have seen the ghost of one of the villagers sitting in one of the seats in an alcove.
    One night my mother-in-law and I were stood at the bar looking down the corridor towards the kitchen area. As we were stood there a figure walked from the preparation area into the kitchen area. We both looked at each other to confirm what we'd seen as we knew full well that there was nobody down there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God how awful for you all. Very strange and spooky. I hope your new home bought you happiness. Thanks for sharing this. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the part where you said that your Dad worked with the former owner of the house particularly spooky...

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out, what do you have to say?