Wednesday 24 August 2011

Trying to think of nothing.

You forget your thinking, you forget your mind is working. When asked to stop the incredible organ from doing its natural job, you realise how much it does do and how impossible it is to stop it. Pretty much a catch 22.

I have nothing on my mind, which is actually a thought in itself.
You can never fully clear your head from visions and thoughts in one given time.
I can close my eyes and see black, see nothing... But i can't stop thinking of everything.


Being asked to think of nothing, In the instant I first close my eyes, I erase my mind of the previous thoughts of the stressful day ahead.
it goes black and dark & my head starts to whirl.
My brain slows down to an almost stop and i feel my whole body tense as i focus hard on seeing and thinking of emptiness.
The word nothing spins around bashing from one side of my brain to another, in big bold letters on a white background.
Trying to convince myself that i in fact am thinking about nothing at all and my thoughts have stopped for that short 3 minute break, But in fact my brain is more alive than ever.
The ticking of the clock rings in my ear.
The sunlight try's to break through my eyes lashes and the birds song outside flows through the open window and floods my ears.
A dog barks in the distance and all too soon my blank, spacious, empty mind is filled with many thought provoking things.

Its hard to think of nothing, in a world full of everything.
Its not all of nothing, its all about nothing.
I cant think nothing, i think OF nothing...

Written for the daily post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out, what do you have to say?