Sunday 7 February 2010

I carnt watch

Dear ___________,
I cannot watch you do this to yourself anymore, I cannot watch you waste your life.
Over the past 10 years iv seen you decline, but a decline i will no longer witness.
Iv done this before and i will do it again, I'm cutting all ties, chopping off the strings, setting myself free...
I am leaving you to go it alone.
I set out to help you, to get you on the right track, it didn't work.
I have failed.
For that reason i can no longer continue to aid you in your quest to fail.
Its not in my nature to sit back and watch you do this to yourself and i won't change my ways, much to your discomfort.
Chalk and cheese they said we were, how right they are.
I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart for failing you and for making you believe i was the answer to all your questions.
I'm sorry iv let you down.
I'm sorry if i gave you false hopes.
I'm sorry if you really do feel I'm your only hope.
I got you off the alcohol, i lied to your family.
I helped you with your smoking, i even brought them to help your withdrawal.
I cannot pretend anymore, i cannot lie for you or to you.
I have to live for me which means being honest with us both.
I can no longer carry you.
I can no longer plan out your funeral in my head for your only 16, and I'm unable to help.
I don't want to give up on you but i don't want to hold you back from the help you really need, i don't want to be responsible for your death.
I am sending you my best wishes and luck for the future, but watching you spiral out of control, i wont be doing.
To watch you buy drugs is killing me inside, after everything iv done for you.
I go to your funeral every night in my dreams, I cannot get the vision out of my head.
Best friends for life we may always be but we will never share the same views and i can longer continue on this journey with you.
We will part soon, i hope it doesn't end with one of us dead.
Iv laughed so hard iv cried when looking back at our past & iv also cried so hard iv laughed when i look at our future.
I refuse to stand by and watch you die, but i can not change this either, so i will not be watching you at all.
I will no longer tell you its okay
I will no longer borrow you the money to bail you out.
I will no longer stand back and watch you fall into a sorry state on the floor & I will no longer lie to people and tell them your safe and your with me when your miles away with strange men.
I love you enough to let you go.
I hope you get the help, i hope you find the answers, i hope you will be happy but deep down i no you wont, as your the girl i tried to save when you couldn't cope.
Another failure in your life is not what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out, what do you have to say?