Monday 1 February 2010

WOW...

Its 01/02/2010 already!
I still remember crimbo,new year,my birthday... my bank card still remembers them as well...and my waistline...
2 days in till my mummy's birthday,7 days in till my brothers birthday. Oh and not forgetting my mamas birthday on valentines day.
Shops aren't stupid, they really aren't and its this time of the year i really notice this. They have there little lost leaders piled high at the front of the shop.
"2 cases of beer, £12"
Which in turn makes people buy there nuts,crisps and lemonade ultimately turning a £10 shop into a £40 shop.
Easter eggs were on the shelves before the new year and now the festive season seems like yesterday to us and 2 years ago to the retailers, we have Easter eggs on every shelf.
Also stuck on the shelf is valentines stuff, the poor supermarkets just haven't got enough room to shove all the stuff they want us to buy, in our face fast enough.
On the other hand... they wouldn't do it if we didn't buy it, the best thing to do is...
well buy it?
If YOU don't buy it, it doesn't mean they wouldn't do it again, it would take a good few thousand people for these supermarkets to fail.
Did you no they put the items they want to sell more on the left, because most people use that hand to pick things up with...sneaky hey?
anyhow, here's to thinking this year is going way to fast and hoping i have a lovely pile of parcels delivered today or my mum wont have a very nice birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Shopping is great, I love to have an excuse for that.

    Thanks so much for the following, diddo.

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out, what do you have to say?